Classic Tiramisu with "Amaretti" Crumbles
Yield: 16 four oz portions:
Tiramisu Cream - 2 1/2qt. (recipe follows)
Espresso Syrup - 1qt (recipe follows)
Lady Fingers - 20ea (recipe follows)
Cocoa powder - 1 Cup
Chocolate, grated on
a box grater - 2 Cups
Amaretto crumbles - 2 Cups
Gelatin sheets - 6 sheets
Mascarpone cheese - 26 oz
Vanilla extract - 1 oz
Rum - 1 oz
Lemon juice - 1 oz
Heavy cream - 30 oz
Egg yolks - 10 ea
Powder sugar - 5oz
Egg whites - 8 ea
Sugar - 9 oz
1. Prepare ceramic casserole for tiramisu.
2. Bloom gelatin in cold water
3. Combine mascarpone cheese and the flavoring.
4. Whip cream
5. Heat yolks & powdered sugar over a double boiler to 140 degrees F, whip until stiff.
6. Combine whites and sugar, heat to 140 F, whip stiff. Slowly stream in melted gelatin.
7. Fold yolks into mascarpone mixture, fold in whites, and fold in cream.
8. Soak two ladyfingers in Espresso Sauce, and place in the bottom of the bowl.
9. Spoon mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers until bowl is almost full.
10. Refrigerate, covered.
Sugar - 6 oz
Water - 6 oz
Espresso, brewed, hot - 18 oz
Brandy - 2 oz
1.For syrup: combine sugar, water, coffee and brandy. Bring to a quick boil then chill and reserve for usage.
Sugar - 5 oz
Cornstarch - 5 oz
Egg Whites - 5 ea
Egg yolks - 5 ea
Cake Flour, sifted - 5 oz
1. Warm the egg yolks and half of the sugar over simmering water. Remove from the heat.
2. Beat the egg yolks until very thick and creamy.
3. Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar to stiff peaks and fold into the yolks.
4. Fold the cornstarch and flour into the egg mixture.
5. Place this mixture into a piping bag.
6. Pipe out into finger shapes on parchment paper-lined sheet pans.
7. Dust with powder sugar
8. Bake at 375 F for about 15 minutes.
9. After they are baked cool and reserve in tupperware container until ready to assemble.
Assembly of the Plate
1. Take tiramisu from the frig and dust lightly with cocoa powder and then chocolate that has been box grated on top of tiramisu while it is still in the mold.
2. Garnish with a mint sprig.
I remember this being asked for so here it is. Everything from scratch. Its def more involved and difficult but is awesome. Any thing I can help with I will. Enjoy!!!:D